Friday, May 22, 2009

A little peek...

I thought this quote was appropriate for all work going on in the garden right now. It's also a great way to look at a lot of things in our lives.


“We can complain that rose bushes have thorns, or we can rejoice that thorn bushes have roses."

Abraham Lincoln


I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend.

Below is a peek into my garden...this is my beautiful Clematis. I planted this 3 years ago from a bare root and this year it looks great.




Here are the first roses out of my garden this year. Kobe's teacher is enjoying them now!


Later this weekend I'll give you a little tour of my garden and you can see what's happening there right now - but I have to take some more shots first.

Have a great weekend and come back soon for more garden photos.

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I don't do roses, except for one miniature, so I really admire folks who have success with them. And I've always been intimidated by clematis. Maybe someday I'll be brave. Gorgeous gorgeous flowers, Jackie. Will anxiously await the tour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful. I can't garden at all and wish i could. You can come over , give me a hand and some pointers, that would be nice. = -)
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.