Monday, May 25, 2009

My Gardener Guy...


I'm so sad to report that my favorite gardening guru has been booted off HGTV. Paul James a.k.a. The Gardener Guy and his show Gardening By The Yard has been officially CANCELLED. I have faithfully watched almost every episode of his show for the past few years. I even DVR his show I like it so much. Okay, I admit it, I may have the tiniest little crush on him too. I can't resist a guy making dorky faces at the camera and cracking ridiculously unfunny jokes. Oh, that must be why I married Pat because he does the same thing.

HGTV says the reason they are canceling him is that only "old" people garden so there isn't enough interest in his show. Really? Is this true? I didn't know only "old" people garden. Maybe I am old. I feel like it some days.

However, today, I found his new website Gardenerguy.com and now I can check in with him at any time of the day or night. What a relief!! I didn't know what I was going to do when I needed an answer about how to get rid of slugs, or how to build a raised garden bed or even which plants need to be overwintered. Oh, and according to his website, he has already recorded shows that will air throughout 2009 so he'll still be around for awhile longer!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, man! I feel the same way about Paul James as you do :) He's very informative, and a hoot to watch. We downgraded our satellite services a few months ago, so I've had HGTV withdrawals ever since. And NOW they've removed Gardening by the Yard, one of my favorite gardening shows? Wah! Surely one of the other networks will sign him on... we can hope! Thx for the website... checking him, errr I mean the website, out :) -tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not familiar with his show but I am the "death kiss" to shows I do like ... they almost always get cancelled early! I guess I don't fit into the "mainstream" of TV viewers. And for a network called HGTV (with the G standing for Gardening, right?), their rationale doesn't seem to make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so much of HGTV has gone to the much younger group of viewers. I use to like If Walls Could Talk, Simply Quilts. But no they took them off.
    Enjoy your rainy day.
    did you go to Artichoke Annie's Flea Market last weekend?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.