Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 3 - Love is Not Selfish

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor
Romans 12:10

Today's Dare
Whatever you put your time, energy and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you today."

This chapter talks about that love is the opposite of selfishness. This is something I have accused Pat of many times. I have never really thought of myself as selfish. But wait, here is a sentence from the book..."When a wife constantly complains about the time and energy she spends meeting the needs of her husband, that's a sign of selfishness?" Guilty!! I think I've even posted on the blog about this very topic and felt justified in doing so. I may have to rethink this. Day 3 has definitely given me something to think about.

Today's Dare is easy for me. I have a couple of ideas of things I would like to buy for him that don't cost much and he would be surprised at the gesture. This will be a fun one today.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am almost finished in the closet and I am soooo excited to scrapbook this weekend. McSweetie is going to install an outlet for me {I know it's father's day weekend but he offered!! ;0)

    stop by anytime!! {and I too like that my hat & background match!!
    ;0)

    And the love dare...I should pick that up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment and stopping by:) I love your blog, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great advice! Thanks for visiting my porch and joining up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.