Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 2 - Love is Kind

Be Kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:32

Today's Dare:
In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

Right away this one is slightly difficult for me. I feel like I'm the one doing all the giving in our household. I take on most of the responsibility for the house and the kids as well as work full time. I kind of feel like he needs to just take care of himself because I can't give much more. Because of this I think he feels like I don't have enough time for him. I will have to think about this throughout the day today to decide what unexpected kindness I can show Pat that will be something out of the ordinary.

How it turned out:
As usual, we didn't get a chance to see each other much today...literally about 30 minutes. You see, I work all day and he works in the evening. I did talk to him a few times on the phone and I was mindful about what I said to him. I think I did say something at the end of the day that he took the wrong way and I was tired and I didn't correct it. So, I may have failed this dare. I still have 38 more days though...



1 comment:

  1. I too felt so much like this when my children were small. It gets easier as they get older. Just remember this is a phase in life. Try to take it in stride! Don't sweat the small stuff. Your children are talking steps every day toward leaving your home. Your husband will be there for the rest of your days! I said a prayer for strength for you today! My life saver has always been a bubble bath~sometimes I get a couple a day!
    Blessings~
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.