Monday, July 6, 2009

I may be a Nascar Fan now...




I've never been much of a Nascar fan...never thought too much about it. Thought it was kinda neat when our hometown boy, Carl Edwards, started doing so well in his races. Still, never watched it much until Kobe became interested and we started watching some of the races because he wanted to. But, this past Saturday on the 4th, my husband and his twin brother attended the Jeff Gordon Racing School at Kansas Speedway and it was really fun. A LOT of fun for the drivers but equally as much for the spectators. It is really exciting to see the cars going around the track at up to 180 mph. The kids thought it was so COOL to see their daddies all suited up and racing in real Nascars.

The Speedway was not at all what I had expected. I don't know why, but I was thinking it would be more like the stock car races I'd been to as a kid. Yeah, nothing like that! Not sure why I thought that since I had seen some races on t.v.

This driving school only comes to Kansas City once per year. Next year we're going back...this time for me...I'm not going to drive...but you can ride with a professional driver (for a LOT less money, I might add)...I want to be all suited up and zoom around that track at 180mph. I am 40 now...it's time to throw caution to the wind...right???

Here are some shots from the trip...










4 comments:

  1. I bet your husband had fun. You'd never catch me in a car going that fast, I'm too chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to do this for Bob but I have no interest in it for me! I am so impressed that you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ordinarily, I am very practical and cautious...but this is something I really want to do. Looks really fun! My biggest concern is fitting through the window! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! You're braver than me, however to perhaps ride with a pro driver next year. We have a dune buggy and I'm normally too chicken to ride anywhere but the gravel roads in it. I know, I know.... 'throw caution to the wind'. I'll work on it ;-) -tw

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.