Saturday, August 15, 2009

I am weak, but He is strong...




I made a decision months ago that my blog was going to be a place to record joys, milestones and positive thoughts. I envisioned it like a happy little scrapbook with all the cute stickers and colorful markers.

That's not real.

My garden isn't beautiful right now and sometimes my soul feels that way too. I know my faith is strong and my joy comes from God, but sometimes my relationship with Him feels like it's dried up and crackly like some of the leaves on my plants.

I know He is listening, but He is silent.

My devotional time is uninspiring.

My journal writing is not flowing.

I search for inspiration in my Walk but am finding none.

This is a season and it will pass. It happens. It moves on.

While I'm waiting...I keep talking to Him, keep scratching out thoughts and prayers in my journal, hug my kids and be thankful for all that is mine...and His.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-7

A Time for Everything
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,



Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. I can totally understand where you are coming from. I am in that same spot right now. Anything that could possibly go wrong for us has. No matter how much I pray, I feel nothing. I feel like He has forgotten me... like all of His promises were for everyone but me. It is kinda funny. When going through times like this, you feel totally alone. It is nice to know that I am not the only one going through this. It gives me a new sense of hope... something I haven't had for a while. Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in the ebb of the ebb and flow. My relationship with God often has peaks and valleys. And He's answering you with silence right now. But you are right--this too is a season and it too shall pass. God has not forgotten you. Just trust that He is faithful. Through all peaks and valleys.
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love thoughts that are real! that was a beautiful post, about something we all feel many times in our lives! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya... I just last week felt these same feelings, shared them with my hubby and we prayed together, fortunately I have been a believer for so many years, that like you I know this season will pass... Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand, and I know He is listening! We might not always realize it, but He loves us more than we can imagine. We are in the middle of a war zone, and He is leading the way.

    may you be drenched in His love today!

    blesssings from Costa RIca,
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I chose 2 of my followers who I don't remember whether I've visited before, and you were one of them. I'll have to pick some more soon. I am a scatterbrained person, and have trouble keeping up with all the things I like to do, including staying in God's Word on a daily basis.

    I go through periods of time like you described here. I am so thankful for God's love for me, and know I am never out of His care. I used to go through more spells of daily Bible reading and drawing closer to God than I do now. Yet, I know my salvation is secure, and I will end up in heaven.

    I forgot to look at the date this was written. I hope things are going well for you. Oh, I loved your most recent post, also. Your fall decorating items are the kinds of things I like, too. Your son is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.