Monday, August 17, 2009

The Sunlight Always Comes...



That morning I walked into my kitchen and saw a stream of light coming through one of the windows. “Could it be?”, I thought. You see, we’d had 7 days of rain. Misty Days. Foggy Days. Dreary Days. Not our typical early summer weather. I grabbed my coffee and walked to the back door. I pulled the curtain aside and had to shield my eyes from the intense sunlight. I smiled. I quietly opened the door so as not the wake the others in the house and silently padded outside.

As I looked around, I felt like I had been away from the garden for weeks instead of days. It seemed as if everything had blossomed and grown in the span of those dark days. As I wandered down my stone path, I gazed at the hydrangeas, daylilies and my new rose begonias. Their blooms seemed to be smiling at me with their intense colors of blue, burgundy, orange and yellow.

Around the bend of the path I came upon the hummingbird feeder surrounded by zinnias and cosmos of many colors. I see one little hummer friend perched on the feeder for an early morning treat. This is a bright spot in the garden for sure.

I stop and sit on the stone bench shaded by an old dogwood tree. Blooms already gone for this season and replaced by shiny green leaves. I sit surrounded by beauty. Quiet. Content. I notice the sunlight dancing on a leftover raindrop and I think about how my garden is really a symbol of my life. I started out small like a seed. No real idea of where my life was going. I grew some. Had some setbacks and then recovered. Grew some more and then bloomed right where I needed to be.

Sometimes we have dreary days, weeks and even years in our lives. Then, when we’re not expecting it, the sun peeks in and says, “I’m here, you can come out and play now.”





photos courtesy of flickr.com

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I'm so glad the sunlight broke through for you today.
    Hugs & smiles,
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. How refreshing. What a beautiful morning you had to reflect, thanks for the wonderful post and reminder. Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunlight is always so glorious after days of rain. I can feel so gray when that is the only color that the clouds display. When the sun comes out, it is like an awakening all over again. There is nothing more wonderful than the sun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Google Reader thing shows that you posted an "Eeeeek!" entry, but un-posted it. I know you lost a lot of stuff.

    Deep breath... Deep breath...

    I think I wished you well, with your blog move. Because I too, have tried to "learn" diff blogging places. And I did NOT learn well. And decided to never leave Blogger, because with all its flaws, I knew how to work it. :-)

    Perhaps you too, will feel this way.... Perhaps you will learn to navigate in this new blogging place. But which ever, please don't get in too much of a stew. It's not worth it, in the long run. [See how much "Wisdom of The Ages", I can dispense, when it's not ME, needing the "Wisdom"! LOL]

    But please, whatever you do, don't delete your old Blogger for a long time. :-) If you need to go back, you thus can.

    Courage!

    And a sense of humor.<--Hard I know! I go straight to "Panic Mode" myself! -grin-

    Gentle hugs,
    Aunt Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Oh! You already deleted your blog, at Blog spot. -le sigh-

    Perhaps you'd like to quickly, go reinstate it? Then you'll have the back up, of your old Blogger [Blog spot] blog place...

    Aunt Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I stil can access here! Cool!!!

    Btw, since we have become such *good pals,* over this issue.... -gigggles- May I suggest something? Get rid of the Background thing you have installed here. It may be adding to load time, of your blog. And there are pretty free Backgrounds, which do not add to load time.

    Or, maybe you have too much stuff in your Sidebar? All Sidebar stuff adds to load time too.

    As well, as how many posts you have showing, each time. Settings lets you pick how many posts show, ever time...

    Whatever it is - your blog loads slowly. And this can drive people away.

    But I'll *go away* myself, just for now. So glad you are all OK and that you have... found your Home. :-)

    Aunt Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written!
    Be well. ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful post. You worded it all so beautifully, I felt as if I were there. I'm glad for your sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.