Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Starting Over...The Solitude of January...



I can't believe January 2010 is almost here. This year has just gone by too fast. I kind of feel like I'm running to catch up with how fast time is flying these days. I think this is a symptom of some stress I've been feeling and a general dis-satisfaction with some things. I'm working it out in my journal and that always helps.

January 1st always feels like a good place to start over for me. This year will be no different. I'll set some goals...some I'll reach and others I may not...and that's okay...it's life.

January seems like a good time to slow down the pace, re-evaluate and enjoy the peace and quiet of the frozen-ness of the outdoors.

One of the most enjoyable things I do is read and this is what is on my bookshelf to dive into in the next few weeks:

The Worn Out Woman by Dr. Steve Stephens and Alice Gray. I've already started reading this because the title was screaming for me to pick it up. I'm really enjoying it so far and hope it will help with how I've been feeling.

My Life in France by Julia Child. I finally saw the movie Julie and Julia and I loved it. I want to know more about Julia Child and who this quirky woman was. I can't wait to read this.

Walden by Henry David Thoreau. I read it in college but I don't think I appreciated where he was coming from when he wrote this. I'm looking forward to reading this from where I'm at in my life now.

Healing Sands by Nancy Rue and Stephen Arterburn. The third book in a series...loved the other two books and expect I'll love this one too.

What are your January plans?

Happy New Year!

Jackie

12 comments:

  1. I am excited about gatting a fresh start on somethings myself with the new year.

    I have looked and looked for a Julia Child book and everyone is sold out. I to enjoyed the movie and want to read more!

    Glad to run across your blog!

    Sola Dei Gloria,
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lực vượt lên trước người của chính mình, còn lại là 6 có biện pháp, sở dĩ Tiêu Viêm bức thiết cần tu luyện thành này một cái thể tu thuật pháp, đến tăng tự thân thực lực. Hơn nữa, dựa theo này một cái thể tu thuật pháp miêu tả, tu luyện đến lớn thành, đó là có thể ngạnh kháng Đấu Tổ công kích, kia thế nhưng cỡ nào cường hãn, mặc dù là tu luyện hoàn tầng thứ nhất, cũng tuyệt đối đủ để tại bảy tám Tinh Đấu đế công kích hạ hạo phát Vô Thương.

      Đến lúc đó, gặp phải thực lực tại sáu sao thậm chí thất tinh tả hữu Đấu Đế cườngdongtam
      game mu
      http://nhatroso.net/
      http://nhatroso.com/
      nhạc sàn
      tư vấn luật
      dịch vụ thành lập công ty trọn gói
      công ty luật
      tổng đài tư vấn pháp luật
      thành lập công ty
      http://we-cooking.com/
      chém gió
      trung tâm ngoại ngữ giả, đó là có thể không hãi sợ. Thậm chí gặp phải một ít thực lực yếu kém Đấu Đế, sợ rằng đều là có thể trực tiếp đem chi quên, điểm này, kia mạc la đã tự mình thí nghiệm quá, nếu không có nếu là công không phá được tự mình phòng ngự chuyện, sợ là tại chỗ phải táng sinh tại nơi tự mình công kích đấu kỹ trong, hơn nữa mặc dù tên kia dựa vào môn phái tuyệt kỹ đào sinh, nhưng cũng không như nhau bị tự mình đấu kỹ cảo phải vậy thê thảm sao.

      Bởi vậy, đối với Đế Ấn Quyết chính phản ấn dung hợp chồng, Tiêu Viêm trong lòng nhưng thật

      Delete
  2. Your new blog look... How simply lovely, and very, very January! Though I'm not a Blue-person, blue and white do seem to say January to me. And I love, love, love the simplicity of no gimicky background. [Oh did I say that?!? ,-) Yes I did! But it's ok, you'll appreciate it]

    It's so much fun to notice new looks on blogs, at this time of transition. I think yours is the most pleasing of all the new ones, I've happened upon. :-)

    "The Worn Out Woman"... Oh you poor dear younger women! You are expected to do so much! -sigh- I have no idea what the book says, but... 'Auntie' would say; "Stop allowing your life style to be dictated, by anyone/anything but you, yourself."

    After you've read the book, it would be interesting to hear, if the Doc said anything like what I say. :-)

    Gentle New Years hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, my plans for January are to get things organized and ready for a three-week vacation. I'm a bit freaked out trying to get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blog header--so pretty. Your book list looks wonderful. I'm still trying to read through my bible from start to finish. I'm on track to finish before 2011 rolls around. I'm also looking forward to squeezing in some time for the novel Epitaph for a Peach. Have you read it? I read through the first chapter on Christmas eve eve and it was just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, it's mama in high heels. Just wanted to let you know I am no longer blogging over at MIHH. I have a new blog now. Just click on my name and it will direct you to my new blog. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year!!

    I love clean slates!! The title, The Worn Out Woman is screaming at me too. I think I'm going to have to add this to my must read list!!! I really want to see that movie too! .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the movie Julia & Julie!

    Happy New Year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, birthday sister!! Happy Be-lated Birthday... I hope you had a wonderful day and that your 2010 is filled with blessings and joys at every turn!

    Walking with HIM,
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  8. plans? plans? i only have plans for tomorrow and that is as far as i have thought! food, food, football, family and putting away or dusting the Christmas clutter, i think putting it away wins, hands down! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice post. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to across this blog.Great One.
    www.great-armenia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm reading on 'My Life in France' right now...I just had to check it out after I watched 'Julie & Julia'...great movie! Interesting gal that Julia Childs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.