Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June Chit Chat

After a cool and stormy morning the sun is shining again and it's warming up. Summer has almost officially begun in our world. The kids are out of school this week, the pools are mostly open and we've grilled several times already. We've replaced our jeans and jackets for capri's, shorts and sandals and the kids have been spending more time outside than inside.

Besides work, gardening and kids activities I have been spending my free time reading and watching movies. I have watched more movies in the last few weeks than I have in the last year. I have discovered on Netflix that I can play movies on my computer. I've been watching movies while I cook, do laundry and even at work one day when I was putting together a rather boring mailing...shhh...don't tell anyone. The most recent movie I watched was The Answer Man. It was cute and just what I needed...an enjoyable and easy to watch movie.



I've also been reading fun novels. What I'm reading right now is The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews. I'm always drawn to southern fiction and fiction based around home renovation. Go figure...that's what I enjoy the most too...doing stuff around my house. So, this book fits the bill.


I've been writing...just not on this blog much...not much to report...just that I'm doing it and enjoying writing for myself again.

Oh and the gardening is going really well. I have a little helper this year. Kyler, my 4-year old, follows me around as I'm doing all my little garden chores and wants to help with everything. He has planted a lot of seeds and plants, pulled weeds and even helped me with a major flower bed renovation this past weekend. He is quite the little guy and I'm thrilled that he wants to spend time with me in the garden.

And Kobe is almost finished with 3rd grade. For the first time since he started kindergarten I am happy the end of the year is here. We all are!! He is loving spending time with all his neighborhood friends and I love watching them form their clubs, make plans and all the projects they come up with.

My plan for this summer is to worry less about the unfinished projects and spend more time relaxing and having fun. I look forward to catching up with all of you to find out what your summer plans are.

Until Next Time...
Jackie

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and your boys are enjoying summer already, unfortunatly I am still waiting for it to arrive in Morinville.
    Have a wonderful day....:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are off to a good start for a great summer. You have just the right ideas of what summer should be! I just put The Answer Man in my queue for Netflix -- thanks for the suggestion! It sounds like just my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, Glad to hear your slowing down to smell the roses; it's easy to forget that in the hustle and bustle of trying to fit everything into one short season.

    The book and the movie look interesting, thanks for the heads up!

    Be well ~Andrea~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Fixer Upper sounds like a book about my house...I just need to read the sequel "The Husband Who Finally Hired A Contractor To Start On Our Remodel." Amen. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter has told me about the movies to watch on my computer. I just haven't figure out how to do it! Sounds like a great plan you have for this summer. I'm going to try and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Jackie! I am going to read The Fixer Upper and like you I am going to relax and have fun enjoying summer! Have fun with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I found you from Blogfrog.Thank you for sharing nice blog.Please visit My Community.

    please come on in,join in discussions, start one of your own, make new friends share your experience.


    http://theblogfrog.com/1233755
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com

    Have a great day.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to begin the summer. Spending lots of time with the children, reading and catching up on movies! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.