Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's a Long and Lazy Summer...

Well.... Hello!

We haven't done a darn thing this summer. Really. Pretty much nothing and I kind of like it! We have barely been out of town. We are literally having a long Staycation except Pat and I are working through most of it. We were feeling slightly guilty about not doing much this summer and asked Kobe what he would like to do that he hasn't gotten to do yet. We're thinking, theme parks, water parks or even fishing and he said the only thing he hasn't gotten to do is visit his cousins. Well, that will be arranged.

Kobe has spent most of his summer on his bike and playing with friends. He has had a great summer so far. This is what I see most of the time as he's riding by the house to meet up with the neighborhood gang. Have you seen the movie The Sandlot? If so, you've got a good idea of what's going on here. A lot of boys and a LOT of drama.



He's doing a lot of work perfecting his trick riding skills as well...



Kyler has been working hard this summer and has graduated to the 18 inch bike...with training wheels. He'll be two-wheeling it soon though!


Oh, and Kyler went to soccer camp. As you can see below he was thrilled. I don't think I'll be buying one of those Soccer Mom magnets for my car anytime soon.

We've been pretty crafty too. This is one of our best creations this summer. Really!

We are starting to pick a few of these and we're loving the fresh produce from the nearby farm stands and farmers market...I won't even tell you how many watermelons we've eaten so far this summer.
All in all it's turning out to be a pretty good summer. No plans. No projects. Just a lot of relaxing. Nice.

Hope you're having a good summer too.

Until Next Time,

Jackie

11 comments:

  1. Good to see a post up from you, Jackie! Your boys are so cute! Loved the soccer pic...lol...what a cutie! Glad you and the family are having a wonderful relaxing summer. That's what we all need to do...stay home and relax. I can remember times when we "went on vacation" that I had to go home to rest because we crammed so much in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer sounds wonderful, Jackie. Enjoy every moment of what remains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the kids are having a good time. Wish there were more kids in our neighborhood, especially for my son. It's been a bit of a boring summer, I'm afraid, for the kids.
    Hopefully we can do something in August!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the type of summer that sounds the best! The soccer camp photo gave me a good chuckle. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Other than one vacation to the family farm, we've been doing the same thing. Lots of projects for us too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've peeked through your blog..I like it. I came from dianna's blog.

    Looks like everyone is having a nice, slow passing summer!

    Can you tell me where you found the buttons to put on your blog? I collect buttons and thought that was really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your summer sounds like everything an wonderful old fashioned summer used to be like! Visiting cousins in the summer is always fun. Glad you are enjoying your summer with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You remind me of me a little more than a few years back...enjoy...it goes all too quickly! Curious as to what is in the Ziplock bowl??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, so I don't feel so bad about not doing too much with my kids. We've been to a movie or two and the lake but that's about it! Staying home is what I want and my kids are thinking the same! Enjoyed those pictures. Your one son is very talented on his bicycle! My son broke the pedal off his bike and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix it! So he's missing doing that! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, I think you're having a great Summer Vacation. A Staycation, as they say. Why do people think they need a lot of go-go-go, in order to have a good time? :-)

    And it's great to see your kids, having an old fashioned type of summer vacation too! What's better than playing with a group of kids in the neighborhood?!? Nothing, say I! :-)

    And you have a lovely new Icon pic of yourself. I love it. I really do. You are way too pretty to not use such.

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.