Friday, November 5, 2010

There's a Chill in the Air...

Whew...those last two posts were a bit on the heavy side...even for me. Let's move on to something a little more fun! It's chilly today and I'm in the mood for some comfort...


It's a perfect day for some leftover Baked Ziti. I made this last night and it was a hit with all the boys.  It was an easy weeknight meal and next time I'm going to double the recipe and freeze.  The only change I made to the recipe was adding cream cheese and omitting the sour cream.  It's what I had on hand and it worked great.

Next on my list is grabbing one of these when I'm out today.  It's really on my list folks...and yes I have a problem...I'm aware of it.  It's a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. 

And finally, my Mom is coming to spend the weekend!  I'm looking forward to seeing her and snagging some goodies on our little road-trip to the best store in Missouri, Randolph Mercantile!  Here is a sampling of what we might see tomorrow...



Have a great weekend!

Until Next Time,

Jackie

7 comments:

  1. I could so get lost in that store! The ziti looks awesome.

    UUmm...I could use a cup of hot choclate right now myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds and looks as if you and your mother are going to have a grand time! enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what I envy more, your Pumpkin latte or Randolph Mercantile!

    Enjoy them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Jackie! I checked out the Randolph in early summer after you told me about where it was. It is a very fun store and the gals that work there are the best! They have the cutest stuff in there. CH went with me and it took us forever to look at everything! I think it is time for another trip because I bet they have all kinds of goodness for the holidays :) Your Ziti looks awesome. I use the Sweet Italian Sausage from Schnucks in Jeff in my Ziti. We love it and don't tell anyone else but I eat the leftovers cold standing at the open refrigerator door! I am going to try a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie: I warmed up just reading this blog (I had just come in from being outside on a frosty Ohio morning)! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your mother and family--warm both in body and in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you'll have a great time with your Mom, and that store looks like one I could get lost in...

    Pumpkin spice latte sounds delicious! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks yoummy and I love the name of your blog. I hope you be back soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.