Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thoughts On Fall...


Every season has it's beauty.  Fall may be the most spectacular of the four seasons, in my opinion.  I sort of like the melancholy feeling this time of year and it's appropriate for me right now.  I'm enjoying the fading blooms, falling leaves and the way the earth is preparing itself for the coming winter. My flower gardens are withering away, getting ready for the months of frigid cold that are ahead.  I like the idea of starting over with each season and this one is no different. I'm looking forward to the upcoming holidays and staying inside spending time doing things that I don't have time to do in the warmer months.  As I walked around my yard yesterday, I tried to notice the beauty in all of the fading and wilting happening around me.  When I looked closely at each plant, area of my yard or portion of the sky ..instead of the whole fading and withering scene...I could really see it...The beauty in the browns and yellows and reds. 

I hope you, too, can see it wherever you are.

Ecclesiastes 3:1

For everything there is a season,
      a time for every activity under heaven.
Jackie







 



8 comments:

  1. I love fall also. I actually love all the seasons. The pictures you posted are really nice. Our yard is all ready for winter and we're waiting for the snow to come, which should start sometime tomorrow. Not too happy about that. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our killing frost last night and I woke to a white spangled backyard. I love this time of year: the putting to bed of the seasons, the earth closing down. I always feel at my best in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciated this post, Jackie. And the photos are beautiful! I know just how you feel about Fall...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this time. one of my favorite verses. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said, Jackie - just the way I've been feeling lately. Love the photos. Enjoy the upcoming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post thanks for sharing God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its sometimes difficult to find beauty in this season, especially when the weather is grey and drab. Thank you for perking me up and reminding that indeed for everything there is a season ..

    Hope you are well my friend.

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never appreciated the fall having grown up all my life in southern California because nothing really changed, it just got a little cooler. Then we moved to the Ozarks - and there is nothing more beautiful than spring and fall in the Ozarks. I really learned to appreciate the beautiful change of seasons. Now we live in sunny Arizona and I'm so homesick for the changing colors of the leaves, the feeling that you get inside, ah, I miss it so. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.