Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Little Tuesday Morning Dreaming...



It's Tuesday and I'm getting ready to head back to work after a 3-day weekend.  And what a beautiful weekend it was...it reached 70 degrees yesterday.  

In JANUARY.  

In MISSOURI.  

Almost unheard of I tell you...

So I'm dreaming today.  Thinking of places I'd like to be and doing things I'd like to do.  The last few weeks haven't been easy at my house.  My husband suffers from depression.  Have I told you that before?  It's worse in the winter and this year seems worse than any other.  He's pretty good at hiding it...so much so...that sometimes I forget he is suffering.  It's difficult trying to be supportive and encouraging to him while living my own life and trying to keep things positive for the kids.  That's another post for another day though.  

Today Is For Dreaming.

Dreaming about things like depression not existing...kids not arguing...and bills paid in full.  Dreams that can come true I think...in time.

Or Dreams Like...

Stopping at this lovely and quaint little shop in Paris...



Or this little shop in Provence...


Reading a Book Here...Flip Flops, T-Shirt and Shorts Required...


Or...How About A Cabin In The Mountains?



Or...sitting on this porch with a beautiful view of the Ocean.  I can imagine hopping on that darling vintage bike and meeting some friends for coffee on a pier.


Dreams are important!  Sometimes my dreams have been lost in the day-to-day.  I'm trying to get them back.  

 Ahhhh.....That's Better...


Jackie


13 comments:

  1. Great post!!

    Urgent prayer request at Arise 2 Write and All Gods Creatures.

    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea and sending prayers for your husband!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Jackie, you write so beautifully! Thank you for this post today! It's below zero wind chill and that pic of the cute bike on the porch has me going this morning ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Marie! I love that bike on the porch too!

      Delete
  3. Someone else was speaking about dreams recently and I realized that mine are sort of dead lately! Need to find some new dreams! Yours sound really nice. Sorry about your hubby. It must be very hard for you. Hope you had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois! For me it's easy to lose the spark of the dreams when I have all the daily stuff to deal with. I'm working on that though.

      Delete
  4. Did you hear the thunder last night? The weather was wonderful over the weekend, but it's back to reality today! Chilly!

    I think that dreaming is essential to get through some of the trying days that we all have. Don't give up on dreaming, they can come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did hear the thunder...crazy MO weather for sure! Thanks for your comment Cheryl!

      Delete
  5. Wonderfully uplifin' post Miss Jackie.

    You dream on sweetie!!!

    Yep, I heard the roar of the thunder, saw the lightin' and felt the cold rain and hail. I was up at 5am stirrin' the fire and gettin' in some wood when it pushed through. The temp dropped from 66-50 in just the ten minutes I spent on the fire. It's 32 now! Burrrrr!

    Have a wonderfully blessed day sweetie!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely dreaming of being somewhere warm today! This crazy weather is toying with my emotions!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Regarding the weather, I remember when I lived in Missouri the famous quote was always - if you don't like the weather here in Missouri, don't worry, just wait a few minutes and it will change. I love your dream pictures. I think day dreaming is a wonderful way of letting go of the pressures we endure. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. Dreaming is something nothing nor noone can take away from us, that is for sure. Dreaming makes our lives so easy to go at times.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.