Sunday, January 22, 2012

Scripture Sunday - Be Strong and Courageous



This scripture has been in my mind this week as I've been thinking about the topics of Strength and Courage.  For most of my adult life I've had to rely on my own strength for many different situations.  When I discovered my relationship with God, I realized He was there with me all along and that he is always with me now.  I could have been angry and bitter (and I've had my moments) but I've always thought there was more to life than that!  This scripture would have given me some peace in those early days and it's a good reminder for me now when I'm struggling. I hope you find some encouragement today as well.

Today, I'm linking up with the Sunday Community at Jumping Tandem.  I hope you'll visit there for more inspiration!



Jackie


8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this verse, though I'm more familiar with it in the KJV. I also love that the Lord repeats the same message ("be strong, be courageous") 3 times in within just a few verses (v.6, v.7 and this one). Joshua was a pretty awesome guy, and if he needed to rely on the Lord for strength and courage, boy do I sure need to!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you had a lovely day today and your burdens were light. Love the scripture you have quoted here......:-)Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this today! Not the same scripture we had at our church today, so I had double the benefit on this day. I always feel blessed by your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scripture, Jackie! Thanks for sharing. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just happened to come by today, and this scripture is just what I needed. Isn't it something how that happens? I've copied it and made it my desktop photo. My life has been a struggle of late and I need reminders such as this.

    I'm always inspired by your blog. Thank you, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so comforting to know He is always there for us. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scripture. It always reminds me that all I have to do is go within where I find the strength of the Divine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the scripture!!! After readin' it time and time again why do we have to remind ourselves of this???

    We're so human sometimes! Heeehehehe!

    Loved the post sweetie.

    God bless and have a joyous day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.