Sunday, February 19, 2012

Scripture Sunday: Comparison Steals My Joy




I've been dealing with some feelings this week of jealousy and comparison.  I hate those kinds of feelings and they can bring you down quickly if you let them.  I feel so much more at peace when I put the feelings aside and go to the Word.  My scripture today is Galatians 6:4.  If you have been dealing with some of those feelings as well, I hope you also find some peace.

Galatians 6:4 (NLT)

Let everyone be sure that he is doing his very best, for then he will have the personal satisfaction of work well done and won't need to compare himself with someone else.

Today I'm linking up with the Sunday Community at Jumping Tandem.  I hope you'll visit there for more inspiration!





Until Next Time,

Jackie

6 comments:

  1. What a great quote...I'm writing it down now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog! I sometimes struggle with comparing myself to others and have to remember Who it is that made me who I am and Who it is I'm serving and trying to please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great reminder, Jackie! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good reminder for all women. Here's to being comfortable in the skin we're in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason jealousy has been a real tail-kicker in my everyday life recently. When I feel that way, all I can do is roll my eyes against my behavior and trust the Lord to draw me closer to Him and further from "it". To say the least, I find that particular heart-behavior truly annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always comparing myself to someone else and striving to be better or more like them when in reality I need to be more like Jesus. Thank you for the reminder! I love the quote from the previous post as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.