Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Tree Terrariums...

I spent the weekend Christmas shopping and Christmas crafting.  Kyler (my 6 year-old) and I had a great time making Mason Jar Snowglobes.  I'll be posting about those this week as soon as I take some pictures.  They turned out so cute!  We also made a few Christmas Tree Terrariums.  I really like the simplicity of the way we made the terrariums.  They were super easy to make.  I purchased the trees at Dollar Tree (2 in a package for $1.00) and the bag of "Snow" was approximately $4.00 at Michaels.  I already had the jars, so this was a very inexpensive project.

Don't forget...this was the first crafting project I've done in a few years...so an easy project was good for me.  Pouring fake snow into jars and placing the tree in the middle of the jar is my kind of project.  Easy but Cute!


These trees are on top of the 1970's hutch in my dining room.  I plan to leave this grouping up all Winter.



 


These two trees in the canning jars are inside of the old painted cabinet that was always in my Grandma's house.  This is in my foyer.










6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Looks so festive! Can't wait to see the details on the project. You are WAY ahead of me in the decorating department. I haven't done anything yet. I better get busy :)!!! I think I might just have to head for Dollar General :0!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! Thank You! I find the best stuff at the Dollar Stores!

      Delete
  2. Jackie, your Christmas crafts are easy...but they are also very elegant! I like the way you decorate! I have a few decorations that I keep out all winter, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna! I love a simple project for sure! Thanks for your kind words!

      Delete
  3. Very cute! Looks fun to make and instantly gratifying. Thanks for sharing your little winter at your house. Your header on your blog is so pretty, Love it. Merry Christmas!

    Kimberly

    Garden of Secrets
    http://fleur-de-li.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words. I'm heading over to your blog now.

      Jackie

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog when you have so many other choices. I appreciate your comments.